Join us for an amazing 100-hour Yin Yoga & Myofascial Release Teacher Training at Yoga Dunia, Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia.
Minutes from the beach in a peaceful location, this is the perfect setting to dive deeper into your Yin Yoga. We are offering you the complete package of all the Yin essentials to both personalize your own practice and give those of you, that are already teachers, the skills and additional certification to teach Yin yoga classes.
2021 Couse Dates
- January 24th to February 5th 2021
- May 2nd to 14th 2021
- August 1st to 13th 2021
- November 7th to 19th 2021
- Book 3 months prior the training starts to enjoy the Early Bird Discount.
Suitable for those aspiring to teach high quality Yin Yoga and also those wishing to just deepen there practice.
- Taoism and Yin and Yang theory
- The Yin Yoga sutras by Paul Grilley
- How to practice Yin yoga – how to open up and practice surrendering, learning to listen and be receptive to your body, and mindfulness meditation
- How to intelligently manipulate the connective tissue using Myofascial techniques to improve mobility, chi flow and overall health.
- The Meridian system and chi, understanding the causes of imbalance
- The seven emotions and corresponding organs
- Organ health within the meridian system
- The asanas of Yin yoga poses and variations
- 20 hours with an anatomy specialist
- Functional yoga – applying principles and structure to benefit your own and client alignments, use of modifications that can help with problems such as back, hip, pelvis, shoulder, all kinds of joint, muscle, and connective tissue complaints
- Understanding the fascia, the connective tissue
- Understanding the elements and our connectivity.
- Learning how to balance the energy flow in specific meridians to shift the health of specific organs and transform areas in your emotional, mental, or practical-physical life
- Tension and compression theory
- Yoga Nidra and Restorative yoga for deep relaxation and restoration
- Daily Meditation and Pranayama practice with hand mudras that compliment a Yin Yoga practice.
- Lesson planning, Sequencing and counterposes, Creating a sequence according to your or others needs, learning one’s own unique anatomical structure and principles for approaching each and every pose – learning adjustments, variations for each body type
- Group Teaching practicals to build you confidence in teaching Yin yoga & Meditation & pranayama classes
- The Teaching skills and Teaching styles of effective Yin teachers
- Understand group dynamics, one to one working and workshops
- Understand how to create healthy boundaries with your students
- Yoga lifestyle: the precept of non-violence (ahimsa) and the concepts of dharma and karma
- Two comprehensive manuals for you to take home in Yin yoga and Anatomy
What we cover
- You will learn the philosophy to the Yin yoga style & functional yoga, how to take a shape that suits your skeletal frame & softening into the shape to engage your fascia, the meridian system & release stagnant energy. You will be guided to go through a journey of creative understanding of your energetic system. By learning the theory & applying this to yourself first, then applying this to your teaching skills. You will become confident to instinctively tune into your own & student’s needs, leading you to a more effective self practice & to feel confident to teach this beautiful style. You will understand how to self adjust accordingly, passing this confidence to your students so that they can also understand how to tune into their own energetic body to create balance within the practice. We will be breaking down each popular Yin asana, discussing variations & the use of props, understanding the rebound & rest period, the different stages of a Yin yoga practice & how to bring a mindful meditation to the practice by incorporating the breath as the essential tool. You will understand the theory and practice of myofascial release techniques as well as the integration of these within a Yin yoga class, known as MyoYin. We will use reflective insightful practice to help you grow as a teacher, & explore the essential Yin yoga teaching skills, voice & tone & how to use observational skills & safe touch, to skillfully interact with students, to create a safe space for healing potentiality. You will learn how to incorporate many themes into your practice, including an elemental practice with the seasons & learn how to devise intelligently sequenced Yin yoga themed classes, understanding how to create a energetically balanced class & explore how to place both Yang & Restorative style yoga practices within a Yin class.
Pranayama and hand mudras
- Each day you will be taught a specific structured program of different pranayama & hand mudra techniques to compliment a Yin practice to understand, influence & direct the prana (life force) to support & deepen your physical & meditation practice & safely guide your students into a deeper experience of their practice.
- Each day we will introduce you to a specific structured program of different meditation techniques to compliment a Yin yoga practice. Meditation is a valuable & powerful tool & establishing a daily practice is key for deepening your spiritual understanding & to feel confident incorporating these techniques into your teaching. Meditation practices you will be introduced to include Metta Bhavana (Loving Kindness meditation), elemental meditations, colour visualization, using our Senses for meditation, Mindfulness techniques & breath based practices.
All students who successfully complete the Yin Teacher training course will be awarded a certificate of completion
For teachers registered with Yoga Alliance the course hours upon completion can be used for credit toward continued education.
With a small group of 20 maximum participants, this course offers a deeply transformative journey, by providing the theoretical tools for understanding the process and practical experiences in a safe and supportive space that will promote re-balancing of both mind and body.
The course is designed to teach you how to apply the principles of Yin yoga and Myofascial release techniques to yourself first, by using the daily lectures that explore theoretical key concepts, functional anatomy and analytical training in the Meridian system and teaching you how to apply these concepts to the daily practices.
You will experience every Yin yoga asana and variations, MyoYin and restorative yoga, together with different meditation, pranayama and hand mudras , specifically structured to offer you something different each day .
Each day is themed with the elements and fundamental concepts explored within the lectures. We then apply these concepts to our physical practices.
The focus will be one of guidance and nurturing that allows you to open into your true personal experience, enrich your senses, teach you to listen and respond appropriately and return you to a more balanced nature.
You will have optional practice teaching with group practicals within this training.
You will learn more about teaching yin yoga exploring group dynamics, considerations for one to one work, in-addition to creating healthy boundaries and your role as a yoga teacher on and off the mat.
By the end of the training you will have explored a broad range of techniques to support you progressing within your own personal practice by fully understanding the experience of yin yoga and Myofascial release. You will feel confident to offer these qualities to others within your teaching and will have a sound understanding as to your contribution as a yin yoga teacher. To build your student base, you will also explore how to incorporate both Yang and Restorative practices into your Yin yoga class.
- You will receive a daily 1.5 hour morning practice of the Yinyasa style – a combination of Yin and Yang yoga, to get your energy flowing ready for a journey of learning ahead and so you understand and experience how to incorporate these styles together.
- You receive an evening 1.5 hour practice of either Yin yoga, or Yin and Restorative yoga to rest and restore from all the learning you have absorbed and so you understand and experience how to incorporate these styles together.
- You will learn a completely different pranayama and meditation practice each day, specifically structured in a safe way, to build your learning and confidence to a range of techniques that you can add to your personal practice and teaching skills.
- Each day is themed so you learn something completely new.
- On the day of arrival your welcome talk is at 2pm followed by a 2 hour Yin and Restorative practice where we nurture the spine and rebalance the nervous system.
- On the last day we have a two hour morning pranayama, meditation and asana practice, a beautiful breakfast together, before your study time and our teaching practicals before our Sunset celebration meal and group photos.
- Full days are between 8 and 8,5 hours in length to achieve your contact hours.
- You will have 10 hours non-contact time homework to promote self compassion and self inquiry and allow you to apply key concepts to your personal journey
- You receive one day off during this training to enjoy island life.
TOTAL : $1495USD (excluding accommodation)
Early bird discount $200USD applies if you sign up within three months of course start date.
Accommodation is external to the studio but we can offer you Shared bungalow, and private room options that are within walking distance and close to the beach.
How to book: follow the below link to make contact with the venue, make your deposit payment and view accommodation options:
You are welcome to contact Claire, with any questions directly, using the top bar contact page option.