55 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Come and join me for a fantastic week on a paradise island at H20 Yoga and Meditation Centre, Gili Air Island, Indonesia.
2019 Dates: Jan 20 – 26 (SOLD OUT), Feb 17 – 23 (SOLD OUT), March 24 – 30 (SOLD OUT), May 12 – 18, June 23 – 29, July 21 – 27, Sep 15 – 21, Oct 20 – 26.
2020 Dates: Feb 23 – 29
Suitable for those aspiring to teach high quality Yin Yoga and also those wishing to just deepen there practice.
*On the day of arrival your welcome talk is at 3 pm followed by a two hour Yin and Restorative practice to settle you into the week ahead. On the last day we have a two hour morning pranayama, meditation and asana practice, then a beautiful breakfast together.
- 06:00 – 06:45 Meditation and pranayama
- 07:00 – 09:00 Two hours Yin – Yang morning practice in the yoga shala
- 09:15 – 10:30 Island buffet-style breakfast
- 11:00 – 13:00 Theory, exercises, lectures
- 13:30 – 15:00 Lunch and afternoon break for study or journaling time
- 15:00 – 16:30 Afternoon lectures, teaching lab
- 17:00 – 19:30 Yin practice and yoga Nidra
- Comprehensive course structure
- Course workbook-manual
- Certificate upon completion
ACCOMMODATION UPGRADE OPTIONS:
- Private Standard bungalow with detached amenities : additional $125USD
- Private Deluxe room with AC, hot water and ensuite: additonal $200USD
- Yin and Yang theory
- How to practice Yin yoga – how to open up and practice surrendering, learning to listen and be receptive to your body, and mindfulness meditation
- The chakras and chi, causes and symptoms of imbalance
- The asanas of Yin yoga poses and variations
- Lesson planning, Sequencing and counterposes, Creating a sequence according to your or others needs, learning one’s own unique anatomical structure and principles for approaching each and every pose (learning adjustments, variations for each body type)
- Functional yoga – applying principles and structure to benefit your own and client alignments, use of modifications that can help with problems such as back, hip, pelvis, shoulder, all kinds of joint, muscle, and connective tissue complaints
- Understanding the fascia, the connective tissue
- Basics of traditional Chinese medicine (meridians and elements)
- Learning how to balance the energy flow in specific meridians to shift the health of specific organs and transform areas in your emotional, mental, or practical-physical life
- Structural and muscular anatomy of Yin yoga
- Tension and compression theory
- Yoga Nidra and Restorative yoga for deep relaxation and restoration
Meet your teachers:
Claire – Lead Yin teacher and facilitator to the course.
Senior Yoga teacher, yoga therapist and passionate yin yogi, from her first encounter with yin yoga she was hooked, and fell in love with the pure raw healing potential of the practice and the contrast between the strength and power of a yang practice compared to the grace and surrender of a yin practice. Passionate about how yoga empowers people in the healing process; rather, than being a passive recipient of treatment, the student is actively engaged in the path to their own well-being. Claire sees her role as guide you to listen to your own subtle messages your body gives and directing you as to how to respond offering tools for re-balance and teaching you the way to implement these tools within your own teaching. Claire has over 1,200 hours of teacher training and 15 years of teaching experience; completing 500 hours with the British Wheel of Yoga in 2005; Birthlight pregnancy yoga training in 2009. She gained the British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course Teacher Trainer certification in 2011 delivering British Wheel of Yoga training. In 2014 she completed Forrest Yoga Advanced Yoga Training before furthering her training by completing 500-hour with Maggie Reach studying yin yoga therapy, yoga philosophy, chanting, and Ayurveda, co-run with Neil Pearson, a specialist in physical therapy and chronic pain in 2015. In 2019 she completed further Yin Yoga training with Jo Phee and Joe Barnett.
Kate has a broad range of experience in various yoga, meditation and healing practices. Originally from the UK, she has travelled and lived abroad intermittently over the past 15 years. Her natural sensitivity for healing began at an early age when her horse experienced a back injury and she found herself intuitively laying her hands on him to relieve the pain. After training as a Reiki practitioner in Cambodia, Kate completed her 200 hour Yoga teacher training, 55 hour meditation teacher training and Reiki Master studies on the beautiful island of Koh Phangan, Thailand. Kate’s therapeutic, holistic approach forms the base of her yoga and meditation practice. You will find her teaching combines Eastern philosophies from traditional yogic practices, Buddhism, Taoism and Tantra.
All students who successfully complete the Yin Teacher training course will be awarded a certificate of completion
For teachers registered with Yoga Alliance the course hours upon completion can be used for credit toward continued education.
With a small group of 12 x maximum participants, this course offers a deeply transformative healing journey, by providing the theoretical tools for understanding the process and practical experiences in a safe and supportive space that will promote healing and re-balancing.
The course is designed to teach you how to apply the principles of Yin yoga to yourself first, support you in understanding the experience and then equip you to offer these qualities to others.
The focus will be one of guidance and nurturing that allows you to open into your true personal experience, enrich your senses, teach you to listen and respond appropriately and return you to a more balanced nature.
TOTAL : $1,063USD
Includes: Course manual, comprehensive course content, Certificate upon completion.
HOW TO BOOK:- Follow the below link to see the gorgeous venue where the trainings take place, you can make direct contact with the centre to make your reservation:
108 Buddha Way, Gili Air, Lombok, Indonesia
Telephone : +62 8776 103 8836,
+62 8786 227 6820
Email : [email protected]
For any questions regarding the training you can contact me directly using the contact page at the top bar.
For additional date options for 2019 and 2020 see Nusa Lembongan at the top bar, under 55 hour Yin Yoga for same course.