Techniques, Training and Practice
- • The asanas of Yin yoga poses & variations
- • Functional yoga; applying principles & structure to benefit your own & student alignments
- • The use of modifications that can help with problems such as back, hip, pelvis, shoulder, all kinds of joint, muscle, & connective tissue complaints
- • Anatomical break down of each popular Yin asana, discussing variations & the use of props, understanding the rebound & rest period, the different stages of a Yin yoga practice & how to bring a mindful meditation to the practice by incorporating the breath as the essential tool.
- • You will understand the theory & practice of myofascial release techniques as well as the integration of these within a Yin yoga class, known as MyoYin.
- • We will use reflective insightful practice to help you grow as a teacher, & explore the essential skills, voice, tone, observational skills & safe touch, to skillfully interact with students, to create a safe space for healing potentiality.
- • Using Yin yoga philosophy & theoretical interactive lectures & applying these to the physical practices.
- • Through our yin shapes, you will learn how to be with all sensations & feel these layers. You will develop your functional approach, learn about your bio individuality, understand the theory & apply sensory experience of movement & how to feel the inner experience of Yin yoga.
- • How to open up & practice surrendering, learning to listen & be receptive to the subtle messages of the body, mindful movement & meditation.
- • How to intelligently manipulate the connective tissue using Myofascial techniques to improve mobility, chi flow and overall health.
- • Yoga Nidra & Restorative yoga for deep relaxation & restoration.
- • Progressive Daily Meditation & Pranayama practice.
Anatomy and Physiology
- • The Meridian system & chi, understanding the causes of imbalance
- • The seven emotions & corresponding organs
- • Organ health within the meridian system
- • Understanding the fascia, the connective tissue
- • Elemental Yin yoga & our connectivity.
- • Understand & incorporate the Fascia lines into your Yin practice.
- • Learning how to balance the energy flow in specific meridians to shift the health of specific organs & transform areas in your emotional, mental, or practical-physical life
- • Tension & compression theory & detailed Yin yoga anatomy prinicples
- • Learning one’s own unique anatomical structure & principles for approaching each and every pose (learning adjustments, variations for each body type).
- • We will explore the subtler layers, from the energetic to the psycho-emotional, to the psychological dimensions.
- • You will be guided to go through a journey of creative understanding of your energetic system. By learning the theory & applying this to yourself first, then applying this to your teaching skills. You will understand how to self adjust accordingly, passing this confidence to your students so that they can also understand how to tune into their own energetic body.
- • The energetics of effective lesson planning.
- • Lesson planning, Sequencing & counter-poses, creating a Yin style sequence according to your or others needs.
- • Teaching styles, the qualities of a teacher & the student learning process.
- • Developing healthy boundaries with your students & developing safe touch techniques.
- • You will learn how to devise intelligently sequenced Yin yoga themed classes.
- • You will learn how to incorporate many themes into your practice to develop creativity & inspire your students.
- • How to use complimentary place Yang, Restorative style yoga practices, Myofascia release, Pranayama & Meditation within a Yin class to embrace a embodied practice.
- • Lifestyle & Ethical considerations for Yoga Teachers.
- • Communication skills, addressing specific needs, the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting & adjusting.
- • The business side of teaching yoga (including marketing, online & legal).
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- • Taoism
- • Yin Yang theory
- • The Yin Yoga sutras by Paul Grilley
- • The precept of non-violence (ahimsa).
- • The concepts of dharma & karma.
- • How to incorporate yin yoga philosophy into your lessons & be creative with your lesson plan themes to inspire your students.
- • Introspection & reflective teaching.
- • Preparatory paired teaching labs to build you confidence in teaching Yin yoga.
- • 5 hours teaching Yin yoga experience to a small group.
- • Teaching complimentary meditation & pranayama to the Yin yoga practice.
- • Build your teaching confidence with Yin yoga practicums observations/feedback.
- • Supportive, safe & inclusive learning environment to allow you to grow into your own teaching style.