Wood elemental energy/season of spring/Liver & Gallbladder Meridians. Long holds with deep stretch to stimulate the inner thighs, side of the body, hips, & pelvis.
Yin Yoga for the Fire element
Fire elemental energy/season of summer/Heart, Small Intestines, Pericardium & Triple Warmer Meridians. Long holds to open the chest, shoulders, heart center, outer & inner arms with a deep stretch. Blissful savasana.
Yin Yoga for the Earth element
Earth elemental energy/season of late summer/Stomach & Spleen Meridians. Long holds with deep stretch working into the hip flexors, front of the body, & thighs. Blissful savasana.
Yin Yoga for the Metal element
Metal elemental energy/season of autumn/Lung and Large Intestine Meridians. Long holds with deep stretch releasing the chest, shoulder, lungs, outer & inner arms. Blissful savasana.
Yin Yoga for the Water element
Water elemental energy/season of winter/Kidneys and Urinary Bladder Meridians. Long holds with deep stretch stimulating the back of the body, lower abdominals, groin, & pelvis. Blissful savasana.
A 2-hour deep stretch full body practice exploring all 12 meridians with long holds and reflective silences.
• Understanding the Mindful Yin yoga practice • Physical, Energetic, & Psychological Benefits of Yin Yoga • Yin Yoga Foundational Principles • An introduction to TCM, Yin Yang, 5 elements, Zang Fu & Meridian theory. • Yin Yang theory • The 5 Element Theory
• The Zangfu organ system: physical functionality, emotional attributes & disharmonies.
• Energetic connections with our sense organs & disharmonies
• What is Chi, the Meridian System & the Meridians 3 Primary roles
• The 12 Meridians, their relationship with the Zangfu organs, & flow cycle of Qi. • The Extra Ordinary Meridians • The Meridian Clock & lifestyle tools for internal health. • Videos & downloadable diagrams of locations of all 14 main meridians. • The target area within each meridian & which Yin yoga asana can be used for a Meridian themed self-practice &/or teaching.
• Comprehensive teacher training theory manual.
• Yin yoga asana manual with 250 variations to suit all skeletal systems, beginners & progressive poses.
PLACING THE THEORY INTO OUR PRACTICE
• Five 90-minute intelligently sequenced Yin yoga practices. You will learn something new within each class, as we explore a different physical/reflective focus with specific techniques to enhance body awareness of our connectivity with the elements & Meridian system.
• Floor-based creative sequences, evoking deep stretches & introspective silences, where we invite the body to release & unwind habitual patterns & deep savasana.
• Functional yoga applications with variations offered for all skeletal structures.
• Four themed meditations to compliment the teacher training. • Location & functions/benefits of 10 important Acupressure points. • A deep Yoga Nidra practice to maximise the balance of effort & surrender. • A bonus two-hour deep stretch full body Yin yoga class for all 12 meridians. • Insightful reflections of Adventure, Abundance, Trust, Harmony & Courage embedded within the classes for an embodied experience. • Downloadable practices.
TAKING OUR PRACTICE OFF THE MAT
• Within these modules we explore how to incorporate lifestyle & diet changes to positively influence our internal organ health. In addition specific practical mindfulness techniques are given to manage difficult emotions.
• Strengthen & support the Liver & Gallbladder organs
• Letting go of anger & resentment.
• Strengthen & support the Heart & Small Intestine organs
• Getting unstuck & achieving your goals
• Strengthen & support the Spleen & Stomach organs
• Staying grounded
• Strengthen & support the Lungs & Large Intestine organs
• Complicated grief & sadness
• Strengthen & support the Kidneys & Bladder organs
A beautifully balanced Yoga Alliance teacher training in both Vinyasa and Yin Yoga
Minutes from the beach in a peaceful location, this is the perfect tranquil setting to dive deeper into your Yoga & become qualified to teach with our 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
An equally balanced course of both Vinyasa and Yin yoga; the first half of the training incorporates the Vinyasa & fundamental anatomy aspects, and the second half your Yin yoga & Chinese medicine principles aspects.
Offering a supportive small group setting, deepen your practice as you understand & apply the theoretical principles of yin & yang yoga to your personal yoga approach & teaching skills, in addition to having the opportunity to practice teaching both these styles to others.
By the end of this training, you will gain the skills & qualification to teach competently & with confidence.